Choosing a Sacramento Managed IT Provider
A business’ need for technology tends to grow right alongside the business itself. As a thriving company scales up, so does its needs for more workstations, more powerful software tools, tighter cybersecurity, and other IT considerations.
While the technology itself can be costly, the most expensive and problematic part of this technology growth is usually the staffing required to keep it all running. This is why more and more companies are abandoning the idea of the in-house IT department and turning towards managed IT companies such as Integral Networks.
What Is an MSP and What Can It Do For My Business?
Managed IT companies -- also known as Managed Service Providers (MSPs) -- are independent companies that specialize in the remote management of IT systems, provision of business IT solutions, and consulting on technology use. They operate as an outsourced IT department for businesses of all shapes and sizes and will typically provide a full range of IT services such as:
- Cybersecurity / threat monitoring
- IT consulting and technology planning
- Cloud workspace and hosting
- On-site repairs
- VoIP solutions for business communication
- Email and productivity solutions
If you’re considering a managed IT provider for your Sacramento or area business, there are a few things you should look for before making your choice.
Choosing an Outsourced IT Provider:
- A complete offering of services. There’s a lot to be said for “one-stop shopping”. Since the managed IT company is going to become your IT department, you want to know that they can handle all of your needs. Does the provider’s solution stack address every technology need in your organization? Can they handle tasks such as cybersecurity, business continuity, or cloud migration if you need them? Don’t forget, you want to make sure your IT provider is capable of handling your future needs, not just your current ones!
- Strategic IT planning. Speaking of your future needs, your managed IT provider should be willing and able to help you plan ahead. Think of the right provider as a partner and a part of your team -- someone who is just as invested in your business’ success as you are.
- Industry & technical expertise. IT systems are complex, and your provider needs to demonstrate that they have wide-ranging and appropriate experience to be able to manage them for your business. They need to be well-versed in server, application and desktop virtualization, networking, databases, security, core applications, business continuity, and productivity solutions.
- Responsiveness. The MSP you choose needs to be responsive and agile. They should be transparent with information about your systems and have a robust ticketing/support process in place to expedite service.
- Overall Value. One of the greatest benefits of working with an outsourced IT provider is the potential cost savings (as well as the reduction of stress on your end!) Make sure the IT provider is giving you a price that aligns with the value they’re providing you.
- Attitude and personal rapport. What we do is a service business at heart. The goal of any MSP should be to make their clients happy with the support they provide and give them peace of mind so that they can focus on running their own business. This is especially true in cases where in-house support has not done a very good job, has been unresponsive, and has given IT a bad reputation. When an outsourced provider can apply their solutions and first-rate service, everyone in your organization benefits.
Is Integral Networks the Right Fit for Your Business?
We'd love to talk about it! Give us a call at 916-626-4000 or click the button below to get in touch with our helpful IT experts.