Is Your Remote Or Hybrid Workforce Confidently Secure?
Have you given any thought to the way your business will operate in a post-pandemic world?
According to 317 CFOs recently surveyed by Gartner, the business world may not change back when the pandemic is over – 74% of CFOs say they expect to move previously on-site employees remote post-COVID-19.
Regardless, given how long the pandemic has affected business operations, you’ve likely settled in one of two scenarios:
- Some of your staff has returned to work in the office and some continue working remotely, requiring you to manage a hybrid IT environment
- All of your staff continue to work remotely, requiring you to assess and improve the remote IT environment you’ve been using so far
The bottom line is that however you’ve managed remote work so far, if it’s to be a part of your long-term vision for your organization (or at least for the remainder of the pandemic), then you need to make sure it’s optimized and secure.
The rush to pivot to remote work at the start of the pandemic prioritized access to data with basic security measures. Now that the rush is over, it’s time to implement more advanced and robust cybersecurity defenses.
After all, the first quarter of this year saw a 667% jump in pandemic-related phishing scams. Are you sure your remote workers are keeping your business data safe?
Have You Reassessed Your Remote Cybersecurity?
When the COVID-19 crisis hit, it hit fast. Despite what, in retrospect, may have seemed like a gradual build-up, it was virtually over the course of a single weekend in March that businesses across the US had to pivot to a remote work model.
Obviously, the first priority was maintaining business continuity. You needed to make sure your newly remote workers had the technology and the remote access necessary to do their work.
But the process doesn’t end there – security is a complicated undertaking for remote work models. In fact, 36% of organizations have dealt with a security incident due to an unsecured remote worker.
Continuing with a remote work model, whether entirely or in part, will require:
- Enhancing security measures
- Providing the right hardware for users working permanently from home
- Implementing more permanent file-sharing and collaboration tools
The Importance Of Cybersecurity In Hybrid Work Environments
Even before the pandemic, it was becoming increasingly common for businesses to hire remote workers – that is, staff members that work from home, outside of the business’ city of operation, and even much further away. It’s important to recognize that when businesses start prioritizing remote access to data over the security of that data, they make an easy target for hackers.
Think of it this way: at the office, everything is protected by the same set of cybersecurity solutions – firewalls, antivirus software, etc. These are defenses that you’ve invested in and can trust.
Is the same true of your employees’ home networks and personal devices? Probably not.
With so many employees operating remotely, working from a laptop or smartphone, how can you be sure that your data is completely secure? Are you taking the necessary steps to maintain security while your staff works from home?
In a hybrid environment, you need to take extra care to make sure that both your on-premise staff and remote workers aren’t putting business data at risk. Integrated Networks can help.
Citrix ShareFile Will Keep Your Team Productive & Secure
Citrix ShareFile is the foundation of the Secure Workplace services that we’ve optimized for clients over the course of the pandemic. This solution is designed to keep communication and collaboration secure, without slowing your staff members down.
- Industry-leading security scanning speeds for large-size file uploads
- Suspicious files are quarantined, preventing downloads or sharing until they have been confirmed as safe
- A range of tools support the administrative team’s visibility of potential and confirmed threats, issuing alerts and notices as need be
- Seamless integration with Citrix Analytics provides further security features including user behavior analysis, ensuring that it’s much more difficult for a cybercriminal to pose as a member of your organization
Enhance Your Hybrid Cybersecurity
Integrated Networks can assist with your new cybersecurity initiatives — over the course of the pandemic, we’ve gained extensive experience in helping our customers to launch, optimize, and secure remote work capabilities.
Get in touch with our team to learn more.